This domed space in the Harem, where ceremonies and receptions were held, is believed to have been constructed toward the end of the 16th century. Entertainment, weddings and exchange of Bayram felicitations took place in this Hall. The faience inscription on the wall dates from the 18th century revetted with blue and white Delft tiles decorated in the rococo style after the 1665 Harem fire. The dome, the arches and the pendentives are ornamented with classical patterns traced by brush dating from the beginning of the construction. The Sultan’s Throne and the gallery of theValide Sultan and Kadinefendis have an imposing aspect. A cellar and the doors of other apartments open on to the Throne Room which is the entrance of the Sultan’s apartments in the Harem. This Hall which is the largest domed space of the Palace is the most important part of the apartments reserved for the residence of the Sultan, his mother and wives, who had moved into here in the 1580s. This hall, built a few years after the Privy Room of Murad III in 1579, and whose original character based on the pillared and arched infrastructure, was designed as an open domed hall surmounted by a big dome seated on four suspension arches with a monumental projection at the entrance and façade whose abutment being without windows.
Minister of Culture and Tourism Numan Kurtulmuş hosted President of Uzbekistan Şavkat Mirziyoyev in Topkapı Palace Museum