This place was built as a vestibule to the Harem in 1587 by Sultan Murat III (1574-95). The Harem treasury worked here. In its cupboards, records of deeds of trust were kept, administered by the Chief Harem Eunuch. This treasury stored money from the pious foundations of the Harem and other foundations, and financial records of the Sultans and the imperial family as well as the valuable presents sent annually by the Ottoman Sultan to Mecca and Medina during the period of pilgrimage.
International Hilya Tradition in Islam Symposium organized in the Topkapı Palace Conference Hall at the date May 5th 2018 Saturday